ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DATE EXTENDED.
Submission deadline now Monday 29 May 2023
THE SOCIAL SIDE
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to catch up with friends and colleagues during the breaks and organised social events. From the Welcome Reception on Sunday evening at the Adelaide Conference Centre to the Gala Dinner at the Adelaide Zoo on Tuesday night, it is a great occasion to celebrate our profession.
We also have some exciting optional extra activities to enjoy Adelaide’s fabulous offerings including a ‘pre-conference’ wine tour into the Adelaide Hills and an ‘Evening River cruise on Popeye’.
The conference will feature keynote addresses, paper presentations, posters, workshops and site visits.
The conference will be run to facilitate live or virtual viewing of presentations and posters in the programme; however presenters must submit with the intention to be in physical attendance.
This year’s conference is all about the value and vitality that human factors and ergonomics has to offer.
Our Keynote Speakers
We are excited to host our expert Keynote speakers who will talk on a variety of Value and Vitality themes to get the discussion going.
Dr Patrick Neumann
Director - Human Factors Engineering Lab
Toronto Metropolitan University
Dr Christopher Reid
Technical Fellow /
Designated Human Factors Expert
Professor Jillian Dorrian
Dean of Research for Justice & Society
University of South Australia
CALL FOR PAPERS
Presentation types and required information
HFESA Annual Conference submissions are all reviewed against the same acceptance criteria adjusted to suit the submission type. Oral presentations will be 20 minutes in duration and workshops 1.5 hours. Poster sessions will also include a short oral component.
Requirements for oral presentations and workshop proposals vary so be sure to follow the guidelines below when preparing your submission.
Scientific and Research Focus
Submissions must include a structured abstract of no more than 300 words summarising Background, Aims and Objectives, Study Design, Methods, Results, and Discussion/Implications.
Submission for case studies must include a structured abstract of no more than 300 words summarising the Background, Case/Lines of Inquiry, Outcomes, Key-points, and Relevance for Practice
Workshop activities should include a combination of educational lecture and active practical activities that engage participants to promote skill building of a tool, technique, or method. These may include incident investigation techniques, statistical techniques, skills in interviewing or analysis or other professional skills related to competencies, ethics, development of skills in writing or policy.
Workshop proposals must contain:
- Presenter details
- Justification of the importance of the workshop – content and skill building (no more than 300 words)
- Materials required
- Target audience
- List of AV and other requirements
Monday 29 May 2023 – Deadline for submissions (midnight Australian Central Standard Time) – Revised submission date
Monday 3 July 2023 – Decisions returned
Monday 31 July 2023 – Revised abstracts deadline
We are eager to hear about your projects, the challenges and opportunities you’ve faced, and how our discipline has made an impact.
In submitting a proposal, authors agree to abide by the following policies:
- Proposals must conform to the requirements in this call for papers
- Proposals must describe the completed work
- The work submitted has not been submitted to another conference or currently under review at another conference
- Obtain any necessary approval from your employer or any participant groups before you submit your proposal
- HFESA assumes that all co-authors have given their consent to submit and if accepted, publish the abstract in the HFESA Conference Proceedings
- HFESA is not responsible for communications about your proposal that fail to reach you if you have failed to maintain correct contact information with the Scientific Convenors
- Presenters must submit their papers with the intention of at least one of the authors of the work, to physically attend the conference and present the paper in person. All presenters are required to pay the registration fee.
Our venue, in the heart of Adelaide, one of Australia’s most liveable cities, is central to the Riverbank precinct, universities and a variety of hospitality options for all budgets.
DETAILS - WHERE ALL THE ACTION IS
- The Oval Hotel (located across the River Torrens (600m from ACC)
- Intercontinental Hotel (located next door to ACC)
- Playford Adelaide (located across the road from ACC)
- Stamford Hotel (located 400m from ACC)
- Holiday Inn Express (200m from ACC)
- Grosvenor Hotel (located 200m from ACC)
- Adelaide Riviera Hotel (located 600m from ACC)
The address is 1-7 North Tce, Adelaide, just a 300m walk from the Adelaide Railway Station.
The Venue is in the heart of Adelaide’s Riverbank precinct and has easy and close links via train, tram and bus routes.
If you’re travelling by air, the venue is a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport.
“This national event is a calendar year highlight if you work in the human factors and ergonomics field. I left the conference feeling energised and excited.
The speakers and keynotes were fantastic, and it was great to see speakers from other countries attend in person.”
Ticket Pricing coming soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? Check the frequently asked questions below or email us.
Download the template for long papers here.
In order to keep the costs down for students, the Gala dinner is not included in your ticket price. You can opt to attend the dinner by purchasing a separate ticket.
The HFESA Secretariat will keep a list of delegates who are looking to share accommodation. Please email the Secretariat to be placed on the list and notified of delegates to connect with.
Words go here 🙂
Yes, all the Keynotes and paper presentations will be recorded (excluding workshops). An access link will be provided after the conference when uploading is completed to our cloud storage.
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITORS
Interested in being an exhibitor or sponsor at this event?
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR
HFESA would like to thank our major sponsor